Kenya Wildlife Conservancies Association (KWCA) is the national representative body and voice for conservancies in Kenya. Our role is to help catalyse the conservancy movement by connecting, informing, convening and representing conservancies and other key stakeholders in a shared effort to make wildlife conservancies thrive in Kenya.
KWCA collects and distribute information about and for conservancies in order to positively influence decisions, policies, and practices. The organisation monitors and reports progress on conservancies at a national level by preparing a national state of conservancies report every 5 years as a monitoring and communication tool to build the case for conservancies recognition, support and growth in Kenya.
Based on the lessons learnt from the first edition, KWCA partnered with six of its 12 landscape conservancy associations to develop landscape level state of conservancies report which informs the second edition. The 2022 report entails a synthesised comparative analysis of conservancy impacts including maps and graphs for the last five years.
Objectives of Assignment
KWCA is looking to hire a consultancy firm or a team consisting of persons to edit, proofread and design the National State of Conservancies report 2022.
Scope of work
The execution of this task will involve:
- Copy editing to make the language more reader friendly without diluting or changing the technical content but improving clarity and readability.
- When editing and proofreading, the consultant will ensure to:
- Retain content and objectivity of the original document;
- Maintain all the sections and sub-sections of the original document;
- Reword the headlines and sub-headlines where and if necessary;
- Propose relevant text to be given prominence through text boxes and other settings
- Proofread text and correct spelling grammar and punctuation errors
- Check the text for style, readability, and adherence to KWCA writing style guidelines.
- Partner with KWCA communication manager to select photos and undertake design work to include tables, indexes, map infographics and graphs etc.
- Develop a simplified, concise abridged version of the report
- Integrate any feedback from KWCA team and amend changes
Editing and design elements to consider;
Audience: Government, development partners, international and conservation NGOs, landscape conservancy associations, conservancy members
Length: 80-100 pages.
Tone: More generalist/ reader-friendly, for sharing with non-technical audiences.
Content: Maps, Photos, graphs, infographics,
The deliverables for this consultancy will be;
- Submit first drafts of the designed report to KWCA for review and provision of input
- Develop an abridged version of the report
- Submit final designed report and abridged version after incorporating KWCA comments ready for publishing
- A degree in the area of Communication, Journalism, English literature and design.
- At least eight (10) years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in writing/editing and designing of reports and publications.
- Knowledge and capacity to provide high quality reports
- Fluency in English is required.
- Good knowledge of development and programme issues, especially in community conservation
How to Apply:
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in this opportunity, please email [email protected] with the subject: Editing and Design of SOC. Attach previous work samples, CV and a financial proposal. Please note KWCA will hold full copyrights of all edited documents; Deadline for submission: March 10th 2023.