The Kenya Wildlife Conservancies Association (KWCA) is a national landowner led membership organisation, established in 2013 to serve the collective interests of over 160 community and private conservancies. KWCA works to create an enabling environment for conservancies to thrive by advocating for the right policies, laws and incentives and supporting them through information sharing, and capacity building. KWCA recognises that conservancies represent a strong mechanism to promote wildlife stewardship and custodianship by local communities and landowners that share land with wildlife.
In the last eight years, KWCA has grown from a relatively nascent start-up organisation to a more effective and established organisation that now plays a critical national leadership role in the country’s conservation, environment and natural resources sector. In addition, KWCA has evolved into a respected and trusted authority in community conservation locally and globally as is evidenced by its growth in membership growth and strategic partnerships.
KWCA works with a lean team (current 17 staff) and is keen to attract and retain talent. Our current team’s commitment, passion and professionalism have been commended and there is a need to ensure that KWCA’s salary and benefits are equitable, match the responsibilities and duties of each position and are competitive to motivate performance. In addition, KWCA intends to ensure the existing staff appraisal system and corporate governance are in line with the organisational job structure.
Objective of the assignment
KWCA is looking to acquire services from a firm/agency/individual to undertake job grading and salary scale re-structure. This will be done by reviewing the existing organogram, staff terms of reference, team expansion plan, job grades and salary scale. The consultant shall further recommend based on market analysis and benchmarking a job grading and salary scale re-structure.
- To undertake a comprehensive job analysis and job evaluation of KWCA roles included in the staffing schedule to ensure alignment of functions, remuneration, and grade levels, taking into account the basic concept of equal pay for an equal value of work;
- Develop a logical and consistent job evaluation framework upon which KWCA can base future job grading decisions;
- To review staff performance appraisal system to provide a structured staff performance review process;
- Review the corporate governance manual to identify gaps and ensure it meets best practice corporate standards.
Scope of Work
The tasks are as follows;
- Hold an inception meeting with KWCA management Team to better understand the requirements, priorities and expectations from the onset.
- Carry out Job/functions analysis for the existing jobs and respective salaries.
- Conduct a benchmarking survey and determine if revisions are necessary and make recommendations to the Management team.
- Review and revise the current job descriptions to accurately reflect the roles and responsibilities undertaken and make recommendations if any and match them to the appropriate job grade
- Review the organisational organogram
- Develop a job grading and salary scale structure
- Review and recommend a staff performance appraisal procedure.
- Review KWCA corporate governance manual to address identified gaps.
- Inception report and work plan
- Job grading and salary scale structure.
- Revised staff performance appraisal procedure
- Revised corporate governance manual
- Required qualifications and skills
The consultant must meet the following specifications:
- An advanced degree in human resources management or related subject
- Extensive knowledge of local labor laws, acts, regulations and procedures
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the HR consulting field mainly in recruitment and selection, organisational development, corporate governance preferably working in/with NGOs
- Registered with the Institute of Human Resource Management Kenya
- Flexible, creative, detail-oriented and well organised
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and professionalism and sound judgement
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Submission of Proposal
The proposal should demonstrate sound knowledge, technical skills and capacity as required by the nature of work of the assignment and understanding of the requisite tasks set forth in the scope of work.
Eligible consultants should submit the following;
1. Technical and financial proposals
2. Date and activity schedule
3. CV of designated personnel
4. Minimum of 2 recommendations from previous assignments
The proposals should be emailed to [email protected] indicating clearly on the email header the title of the consultancy by Friday 18th March, 2022Posted on