Consultancy Opportunity: Recruitment Services
The Kenya Wildlife Conservancies Association (KWCA) is a national landowner led membership organisation, established in 2013 to serve the collective interests of over 160 community and private conservancies. KWCA works to create an enabling environment for conservancies to thrive by advocating for the right policies, laws and incentives and supporting them through information sharing, and capacity building. KWCA recognises that conservancies represent a strong mechanism to promote wildlife stewardship and custodianship by local communities and landowners that share land with wildlife.
In the last eight years, KWCA has grown from a relatively nascent start-up organisation to a more effective and established organisation that now plays a critical national leadership role in the country’s conservation, environment and natural resources sector. In addition, KWCA has evolved into a respected and trusted authority in community conservation locally and globally as is evidenced by its growth in membership growth and strategic partnerships. KWCA works with a lean team and is keen to attract and retain talent. Our current team’s commitment, passion and professionalism has been commended and there is need to continue to grow the team in order to effectively implement our strategy.
Objective and scope of the assignment
KWCA is looking to acquire services from a recruitment firm/agency/individual to provide well planned and timely recruitment and selection services for three new positions-Chief Operations Officer, Programmes Manager and Accountant. The job descriptions for the three positions are available on this link
The consultant will work closely with the KWCA team to;
- Compile, review, and tabulate all the applications received in response to the terms of reference advertised for each of the positions, screen each of the positions against the laid down criteria and submit the long list;
- Shortlist top ten candidates for each of the positions and conduct preliminary competency based assessments;
- Present a report on the five qualified candidates for each of the positions for the final interview;
- Provide further assistance through the final interview process including interview questions and scoring sheets;
- Provide final report on the recruitment process.
Deliverables and timelines
The consultant shall deliver the following to reflect all the work done within 25 working days upon signing of contract.
- Develop a work plan covering planning, candidate assessment and recruitment
- Develop a long list for each of the position
- Shortlist of top ten candidates for each position
- Preliminary competency based assessment for the top ten candidates
- Final shortlist of five candidates for each of the positions for the final interview
- Interview questions and scoring sheets for final interview process
Required qualifications and skills
The recruiting agency/firm/individual must meet the following specifications:
- An advanced degree in human resources management or related subject
- Extensive knowledge of local labor laws, acts, regulations and procedures
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the HR consulting field mainly in recruitment and selection, preferably working in/with NGOs
- Registered with the Institute of Human Resource Management Kenya (IHRM)
- Flexible, creative, detail-oriented and well organised
- Ability to maintain highest standards of confidentiality and professionalism and sound judgement
- Able to influence senior managers and be seen as a credible source of advice
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide the consultant with the necessary documents to enable a clear reporting and understanding of the position with access to all its recruitment portals to sieve through all the applications received.
- Review all applications received and develop a long list, organise for a review call and submit a shortlist of 10 suitable applicants for the three positions within the stipulated timelines.
- Carry out preliminary competency based interviews for the first batch of shortlisted candidates and liaise with the KWCA team to execute the duties including the shortlist of candidates under each role. The consultant will be expected to submit a final shortlist of five candidates for each of the roles and submit a detailed report pegged on the deliverables as will be stated in the contract. All reports and documents prepared during the assignment will be treated as KWCA property
- Work with the KWCA team to design/review competency based questions (oral and written) and tailor make them to address the kind of competency required for the organisation
- Provide advice and support in the development of templates for recruiting-such as shortlisting and interviewing guides and participate in the interviews to advice on successful recruitment.
Submission of Proposal
The proposal should demonstrate sound knowledge, technical skills and capacity as required by the nature of work of the assignment and understanding of the requisite tasks set forth in the scope of work.
Eligible consultants should submit the following;
- Technical and financial proposals
- Date and activity schedule
- CV of designated personnel
- Recommendations from previous assignments
- IHRM registered certificate
The proposals should be emailed to [email protected] indicating clearly on the email header the title of the consultancy by Thursday 27th October 2021.