Consultancy to Review and Update KWCA Organisational Policies
The Kenya Wildlife Conservancies Association (KWCA) is a national landowner led membership organisation, established in 2013 to serve the collective interests of over 200 community and private conservancies. KWCA works to create an enabling environment for conservancies to thrive by advocating for the right policies, laws and incentives and supporting them through information sharing, and capacity building. KWCA recognises that conservancies represent a strong mechanism to promote wildlife stewardship and custodianship by local communities and landowners that share land with wildlife.
In the last eight years, KWCA has grown from a relatively nascent start-up organisation to a more effective and established organisation that now plays a critical national leadership role in the country’s conservation, environment and natural resources sector. In addition, KWCA has evolved into a respected and trusted authority in community conservation locally and globally as is evidenced by its growth in membership growth and strategic partnerships.
KWCA works with a lean team (current 18 staff) and is keen to attract and retain talent. Our current team’s commitment, passion and professionalism has been guided by the organisational policies and manuals. Since policies and manuals are a blue print for internal operations and how the organisation interacts with its employees and runs it business there is a definite need for them to be current.
Objective of the assignment
KWCA is looking to acquire consultancy services from a firm/agency/individual to undertake a review of our Finance, Procurement, Office Administration and Asset Management and HR Manual to ensure that they re-align with the current and future needs of the organisation.
- Up to Date
- In compliance
Scope of Work
The tasks are as follows;
- Hold an inception meeting with KWCA management Team to better understand the requirements, priorities and expectations from the onset.
- Prepare an inception report and share a final workplan of the activities to be undertaken during this consultancy period
- In a consultative approach, review and update each of the policies for accuracy and recency
- Hold a Workshop for the staff on the revised policies for final inputs on the policies
- Inception report and Work plan
- Updated Finance, Procurement, Office Administration and Asset Management and HR Manual
- Staff workshop report and Presentation
Required qualifications and skills
The consultant must meet the following specifications:
- An advanced degree in human resources management, financial management, or related subject
- Extensive knowledge of local labor laws, acts, regulations and procedures
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the HR consulting field mainly in recruitment and selection, organisational development, corporate governance preferably working in/with NGOs
- Registered with the Institute of Human Resource Management Kenya
- Flexible, creative, detail-oriented and well organised
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and professionalism and sound judgement
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Submission of Proposal
The proposal should demonstrate sound knowledge, technical skills and capacity as required by the nature of work of the assignment and understanding of the requisite tasks set forth in the scope of work.
Eligible consultants should submit the following;
- Technical and financial proposals
- Date and activity schedule
- CV of designated personnel
- Minimum of 2 recommendations from previous assignments
The proposals should be emailed to [email protected] indicating clearly on the email header the title of the consultancy by Wednesday 29th July, 2022